Mid- to Senior-Level Transportation Engineer/Planner
W-Trans is seeking an experienced professional to work in a team environment on a diverse range of transportation-related projects for our expanding client base. W-Trans provides traffic engineering and transportation planning services throughout California with an emphasis on the San Francisco Bay Area, specializing in projects that balance the need to provide vehicular capacity with the desire to create more livable streets and sustainable transportation systems which serve all modes of transportation.
W-Trans is currently seeking candidates for either our Santa Rosa or Oakland office.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Civil Engineering with a Transportation Emphasis, Planning or a closely-related field
- Minimum of five years of professional experience in traffic operations, transportation planning, transportation engineering, or environmental planning specializing in transportation
- Experience both completing and managing large projects such as major traffic impact studies, circulation sections of environmental impact reports/studies, complete street corridor studies, bicycle and pedestrian plans, and/or regional transportation plans
- Comprehensive knowledge of traffic operations analysis software such as Synchro, HCS, and/or Vistro
- Excellent communication skills including client interaction, public meeting presentations, and/or workshop facilitation
- Strong writing skills in both technical and non-technical styles
- PE license or AICP certification
- Working knowledge of GIS, AutoCAD, Vissum and other operational analysis programs
- Experience working on General Plans and/or Specific Plans in California including the authoring of circulation sections
- Broad understanding of CEQA-related transportation analysis
- Experience with marketing and preparing proposals
- Five or more years of experience in Northern California
- Experience in both training and overseeing staff
- Grant-writing experience
- Familiarity with transportation funding
W-Trans prides itself on maintaining a highly-collaborative workplace. The position would be full time, but a reduced schedule could be accommodated if desired by the applicant. W-Trans offers excellent and competitive compensation and benefit packages, including a path to firm ownership. Salary and benefits are negotiable.
Please email a letter of interest and resume to Corinne Rasmussen (firstname.lastname@example.org).