Mid- to Senior-Level Traffic/Transportation Engineer
W-Trans is seeking an experienced professional to work in a team environment on a diverse range of transportation-related projects for our expanding client base. W-Trans provides traffic engineering and transportation planning services throughout California with an emphasis on the San Francisco Bay Area, specializing in projects that balance the need to provide vehicular capacity with the desire to create more livable streets and sustainable transportation systems which serve all modes of transportation.
W-Trans is currently seeking candidates for either our Santa Rosa or Oakland office.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Civil Engineering with a Transportation Emphasis, Planning, or a closely-related field
- Minimum of five years of professional experience in traffic operations, design, or transportation engineering
- Experience both completing and managing design projects including new traffic signals and modifications to existing signals, signing, striping, roundabouts, traffic control plans, RRFBs, HAWKs, etc.
- Comprehensive knowledge of traffic operations analysis software such as Synchro, HCS, and/or Vistro
- Excellent communication skills including client interaction, public meeting presentations, and/or workshop facilitation
- Strong writing skills in both technical and non-technical styles
- PE license
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Vissum and other operational analysis programs
- Experience with marketing and preparing proposals
- Five or more years of experience in Northern California
- Experience in both training and overseeing staff
- Familiarity with transportation funding
W-Trans prides itself on maintaining a highly-collaborative workplace. The position would be full time, but a reduced schedule could be accommodated if desired by the applicant. W-Trans offers excellent and competitive compensation and benefit packages, including a path to firm ownership. Salary and benefits are negotiable.
An employee-owned company (with 18 staff currently having ownership), W-Trans cultivates an employee-first work environment and culture. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive organization; therefore, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, family status, or veteran status, and are encouraged to apply!
Please email a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com.