W-Trans is seeking an experienced professional to work in a team environment on a diverse range of transportation-related projects for our expanding client base. W-Trans provides traffic engineering and transportation planning services throughout California with an emphasis on the San Francisco Bay Area and Northern California, specializing in projects that balance the need to provide vehicular capacity with the desire to create more livable streets and sustainable transportation systems which serve all modes of transportation.
W-Trans is currently seeking candidates for either our Santa Rosa (Sonoma County) or downtown Oakland office, though flexibility in work location is possible. Due to the ongoing pandemic staff are currently working remotely, though presence in either the Santa Rosa or Oakland office would be necessary for onboarding and remote work could be accommodated once our offices are open again.
- Bachelor’s or Masters degree in Civil Engineering with an emphasis in Transportation, Planning or a closely-related field
- PE license in the State of California (Civil and/or Traffic)
- Minimum of five years of professional experience in traffic operations, design, or transportation engineering
- Experienced project manager
- Comprehensive knowledge in at least one of the following two areas:
- Traffic operations including strong proficiency in analysis software such as Synchro, HCS, and/or Vistro
- Design of new or modification of traffic signals, signing, striping, RRFBs, HAWKs and roundabouts and traffic control plans; including proficiency with AutoCAD and writing specifications and estimates
- Strong writing skills in both technical and non-technical styles
- Experience in both training and overseeing staff
- Excellent communication skills including client interaction, public meeting presentations, and/or workshop facilitation
- Five or more years of experience in Northern California
- Experience with marketing and preparing proposals
- Familiarity with transportation funding
- Working knowledge of GIS, AutoCAD, Vissum, and other operational analysis programs
W-Trans prides itself on maintaining a highly-collaborative, employee-focused workplace and offers the following to its staff:
- Full Benefits package with 100 percent coverage towards select medical, dental, and vision plans plus coverage for spouse/domestic partner and dependents
- 401k plan with matching funds
- A path to firm ownership
- Salary commensurate with the level of experience
- Minimum two weeks of vacation, depending on experience
- Two weeks sick leave
- Nine holidays, including two “floating” holidays to accommodate personal celebrations
- Post-Pandemic “hybrid” work environment
An employee-owned company (with 17 staff currently having ownership), W-Trans cultivates an employee-first work environment and culture. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive organization; therefore, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, family status, or veteran status, and are encouraged to apply!
To apply, please e-mail a letter of interest, resume, writing sample, and references to email@example.com.