W-Trans is seeking an assistant transportation engineer for either the firm’s Santa Rosa or Oakland office. Entry level candidates in the traffic/transportation engineering profession who have a desire to further their careers with additional training and support in a consulting environment are encouraged to apply! Work would be conducted under the guidance of engineers and planners on a variety of technical analyses, plans, and report documentation tasks.
W-Trans provides traffic engineering and transportation planning services throughout the Bay Area and California from offices in Santa Rosa and Oakland. Our aim is to provide services that are inclusive and encompass the mobility needs of all potential users by balancing the technical needs and functionality of traffic with the desire of communities to create more livable streets and sustainable transportation systems.
What You’ll Do
- Work with a team of professionals on a variety of transportation-related tasks
- Gain experience in many aspects of engineering and planning
- Prepare, or assist in the preparation of, various deliverables such as traffic studies and grant applications
- Conduct calculations and analyses using various analysis tools
- Prepare, or assist in the development of, design concepts, design specifications, and project exhibits
- Collect data through site visits, review of existing documents, drawings and manuals
- Prepare, or assist in the preparation of, proposal and contract documents such as defining scope, cost estimates, schedules
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Civil Engineering, Transportation Engineering/Planning, or other related field with relevant coursework in Transportation Engineering/Planning required
- Zero to three years of relevant work and/or internship experience
- Understanding of common transportation references (HCM, AASHTO, HDM, MUTCD, ITE Trip Generation)
- Strong aptitude for computer and software applications
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Working knowledge of ArcView GIS desired
- Experience using Synchro, Vistro, HCS, VISSIM desired
- Familiarity with AutoCAD; transportation design and drafting experience a plus
- EIT registration or ability to obtain within one year
- Valid driver’s license
W-Trans prides itself on maintaining a highly-collaborative, employee-focused workplace and offers the following to its staff:
- Full Benefits package with 100 percent coverage towards select medical, dental, and vision plans plus coverage for spouse/domestic partner and dependents
- 401k plan with matching funds
- A path to firm ownership
- Salary commensurate with the level of experience
- Two weeks each of vacation and sick leave
- Nine holidays, including two “floating” holidays to accommodate personal celebrations
- Post-Pandemic “hybrid” work environment
An employee-owned company (with 17 staff currently having ownership), W-Trans cultivates an employee-first work environment and culture. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive organization; therefore, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, family status, or veteran status, and are encouraged to apply!
To apply, please e-mail a letter of interest, resume, writing sample, and references to email@example.com.