July 20, 2016
Position Available: Transportation Engineer/Planner (Mid- to Senior-Level)
W-Trans is seeking an experienced professional to work in a team environment on a diverse range of transportation-related projects for our expanding client base. W-Trans provides traffic engineering and transportation planning services throughout the San Francisco Bay Area and California, specializing in projects that balance the need to provide vehicular capacity with the desire to create more livable streets and sustainable transportation systems which serve all modes of transportation.
W-Trans is currently seeking candidates for either our downtown Santa Rosa (Sonoma County) or downtown Oakland office.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Civil Engineering with a Transportation Emphasis, Planning or a closely-related field
- Minimum of three years of professional experience in traffic operations, transportation planning, transportation engineering, or environmental planning specializing in transportation
- Experience both completing and managing large projects such as major traffic impact studies, circulation sections of environmental import reports/studies, complete street corridor studies, bicycle and pedestrian plans, and/or regional transportation plans
- Experience in managing projects
- Comprehensive knowledge of traffic operations analysis software such as Synchro, HCS, Traffix, and/or Vistro
- Excellent communication skills including client interaction, public meeting presentations, and/or workshop facilitation
- Strong writing skills in both technical and non-technical styles
- PE license or AICP certification
- Working knowledge of GIS and AutoCAD
- Experience working on General Plans and/or Specific Plans in California including the authoring of circulation sections
- Broad understanding of CEQA-related transportation analysis
- Experience with marketing and preparing proposals
- Three to five years of experience in Northern California
- Experience in both training and overseeing staff
- Grant-writing experience
- Familiarity with transportation funding
W-Trans prides itself on maintaining a highly-collaborative workplace. The position would be full time, but could be a reduced schedule if desired by the applicant. W-Trans offers excellent and competitive compensation and benefit packages. Salary and benefits are negotiable. Please visit our website at www.w-trans.com for more information about the company!
Please send a letter of interest and resume via email to Corinne Rasmussen (firstname.lastname@example.org).